Thursday, December 6, 2007

12/06/2007

Well, this was an interesting run! I went out around 8pm or so with my headlamp on and was planning on a nice, easy 5 or 6 miles and it just didn't happen. I got about 2 miles from the house and my headlamp started going dim. (Note to self: Check batteries before going out at night in the dark! Moron!) Ok, so I turned around and headed back home and as I was running down 108th I heard a really loud crash. As it turns out, a really intoxicated dumbass had slammed into a parked SUV about 30 yards behind me. REALLY SCARY! That is why I really wish they would create some safer places for us to run here in Lubbock. Anyway, I ran back to check on everybody (since I'm an ER nurse and that's what I do) and make sure that everyone was ok. The only person involved was the drunk guy. Nobody was in the SUV, thank goodness. So it was just the drunk guy that was bleeding and that was fine with me. All bleeding stops eventually. He got out of the car and almost fell. He was bleeding from his head and absolutely reeked of whiskey........stupid bastard. Anyway, there were some other people there and they called the cops so I ran on. I may sound like a hard ass but he was drunk behind the wheel and I can find absolutely no sympathy for an SOB like that. I hope he rots in jail!

I'm planning on a flat 10 miles tomorrow morning. Hopefully all will go well.

No comments: