Sunday, December 28, 2008

12/28/2008 On the Horizon


Today brought warmer weather with less wind so it was perfect out there. I may have dressed a little warmer than I needed but I felt okay. We ran a 10 mile out and back on 1585 and I am feeling strong and painfree. Good news since the Bandera 50K is less than 2 weeks away. I haven't had any ITB issues either which makes me extremely happy!! Thank the Gods for the discovery of the foam roller. Something so simple yet so effective! I'll probably run a little shorter tomorrow and then longer on Tuesday and Wednesday.
On another note, I have registered as a volunteer for the Gore-Tex TransRockies Run in August up in Colorado. Chris, one of the gals I ran with at Javelina, said that she had done it this last summer and it was loads of fun. So I will be hanging out in the Colorado Rockies for 6 days getting cool stuff from Salomon and Windstopper! Oh, and manning aid stations and such for a bunch of cool runners as well. They said that it will be hard work but lots of fun. Sounds great to me! I'm a little torn because the Lean Horse 100 is on August 22-23 and the TransRockies starts on the 23rd so I won't be able to run it like I'd originally planned. I figure the TransRockies Run will be a really good trade off though and I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: