Saturday, December 27, 2008

12/27/2008 Let's Get It Going!

Ok, so.........WOW.........thank the stars that all of that is over!! I feel like a fat freaking pig! Time to get busy now. I hit the elliptical yesterday for about 30 minutes on an easy setting and did a little bit of strength training and that was about it. Today Aubrey and I got out there and put in an easy 5 miles. I definitely could have gone longer but thought 5 was a nice number to start with. I have a few days off and the kids are with my parents until next Saturday so I can really focus on my running and my stupid weight. My "resolution" is to make my body weight 155 lbs a reality for this year, in which case I would have to lose about 15 lbs. Shouldn't be too hard. I am going to buy some kettle bells and get a training DVD and see if they are all they are cracked up to be. I hope so. Plus I plan on doing a LOT of racing this year.

3 comments:

TonyP said...

Time to get back into gear. Nice job getting in an easy 5.

I'll join you in the quest to get to 155 lbs...it would be about 10lbs for me. Count me in. Let me know what you buy and we can go at it together.

Mark C. Smith, "The Naked Runner" said...

Sounds like a plan! I'll post the website that I am looking at and see what you think!

TonyP said...

Sounds good !