Friday, January 2, 2009

1/2/2009 My New Fat Loss Plan


Ok, so, I find it amazing that with as much time as ultrarunners spend on the road and trails training that we would have any fat at all, but some of us do. Having said that, being the age of 37, I do have some extra around my middle that I just cannot seem to get rid of! I have some friends that have been using kettlebells to their great advantage over the last year or so and I guess I am going to have to buy into it. They really work! I bought a highly suggested DVD that shows the appropriate workouts for building better muscle and burning fat! Next thing I need to do is buy some kettlebells. ha It is suggested that a typical male of decent fitness should start out with a pair of 35lb kettlebells, each of which cost around 48 bucks. Not too bad. The program is lined out so that you work a different area each day of the week starting out with 4 days a week progressing to 6 days a week. He suggests not doing any other cardio work AT ALL! Ok, he lost me there, cuz obviously I am going to be running a lot with all my races on the horizon. I do, however, think that they will complement each other nicely. I'll buy my kettlebells sometime in the next week or two and get started. Let'er rip! (Not literally, of course!)

2 comments:

TonyP said...

Ok...I'm in. I'll see what I can do about buying this stuff when I get back from Disney.

Lalaith Means Laughter said...

Hey
Love your blog : )
and I love using kettlebells. When it is warm here in N.E. I go at night across the street and set them up around the local prep school's football field...I do a series of sprints and plyos for a certain distance and then stop and do 1 set of 20 reps focsuing on total body with the kettlebell. fun fun fun...I know what you mean about running and weight I run ALL the time and still when the winter comes I get that dreaded tummy roll ; )