Thursday, November 27, 2008

11/27/2008 Happy Thanksgiving/Turkey Trot


Race time was 0900 this morning. It was absolutely gorgeous outside, about 45 degrees with no wind. There was a SHITLOAD of people out there! I love how no one really runs at all during the year but then the whole family comes out to run the Turkey Trot. Weird! Oh, well. Anyway, I actually felt pretty good out there today. I ran the 12K or 7.5 miles, whichever way you want to look at it. I really didn't have any issues with pain at all. I got kind of tired towards the end of it but I expected that. Overall, I kept an 8:50 pace so not too terribly fast but once again, that's not what I am out there for. I ran with a friend from work, a little bitty pharmacist named Kimberli, for the first 3 miles of the race and then she left my ass in the dust when I stopped for a drink at an aid station. She is going to run Whiterock in Dallas on 12/14 and is totally stoked. It will be her first marathon. Her longest run so far is 11 miles and man, can she run. I wish her the best of luck and I know that she'll have a phenomenal time there. Whiterock is a fantastic race with all the bells and whistles. Anyway, everyone have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Peace!

No comments: