Sunday, August 31, 2008

8/31/2008 New Mexico Marathon

I tried to blog a little this morning from my cell phone while I was waiting for the race to start but I couldn't log on from there. Oh, well. As I said before, Aubrey and I just used this race as a training run. We used a run 20 minutes/walk 5 minutes ratio and we only finished 15 minutes slower than last year when we ran the whole thing and hurt like hell afterwards. This was MUCH better. The day couldn't have been any better. It was completely overcast and cool, like in the 60's all morning. There were plenty of fun people on the course as well which always makes the time more endurable. We finished in around 4:28 I think. As you can see from the course profile there is a great long downhill part of the race. This is why I think that this would be a great course for a marathon PR or to try and qualify for Boston if that's what your into. I'm not!

No comments: