Monday, August 11, 2008

8/11/2008


Today was FANTASTIC!! It's cloudy and cool, and it rained all night. I got up fairly early for me, around 0830, and Aubrey and I hit the road out on 1585. We ran a nice, round 10 miles, maybe just a little over. The coolness made it a lot easier and more enjoyable. My training is fairly on track I think. We'll up the mileage next week to 12 and 15 miles then get in an 18 miler or so the following week before the New Mexico Marathon. Now that I am home it will be a little easier.
I start tomorrow in the ER at Covenant. I will be on orientation for around 5 or 6 weeks. A little long for an old ER vet but oh, well, I will enjoy it. I am really happy to be home and can't wait to start loading the house up with good groceries and start cooking again. I may try and do a detox for a couple of days before I get back to really focusing on my diet. I need to find some fantastic vegetarian recipes and get to cookin'.

1 comment:

TonyP said...

Sounds great. Good luck with your new ER adventure.