Tuesday, May 6, 2008

5/6/2008


Absolutely gorgeous outside today. It's overcast and cool. A slight breeze blew out of the southeast which kept it even cooler. Just fantastic running weather. I wish I had had time to run a little further than I did but oh, well. I ran a simple, easy ten miles out and back on 1585. Aubrey joined me for the last half which was really nice. He is trying to get back into the swing of things too which will be good for him AND for me. I really don't care for running alone that much. I've said that more than enough on here though. Speaking of which, I received an email from Jemez race director, Aaron Goldman, going over the specifics of the race and apparently we will be able to have a pacer for the last fourteen miles or so. So, I talked to Aubrey about it and he is going to pace me. Maybe not for all 14 miles but at least a portion of it. I'm thrilled at the idea. More tomorrow after my "long" long run.
PS Kyle Skaggs won Jemez last year and is coming back this year apparently. It'll be good to have some competition, ya know? Yeah, that's what I thought too!
Ummmmm, yeah, right!

No comments: