Friday, July 3, 2009

7/3/2009 Three Cheers for Ebay!!


Alright now, I've been running pretty consistently for the last couple of weeks and have really noticed a difference in how I'm feeling! I really think that my "rediscovered" need to run has to do with ONE thing! The La Sportiva Slingshot! As I've mentioned before, these are my favorite shoes of all time and the company discontinued them a couple of years ago. Anyway, I did some searching and found a total of 3 pairs in my size on Ebay (by luck alone!). I went for my first run in them almost two weeks ago and just felt like I was really connected to the Earth again. I know it all sounds weird and corny but I've been hopping from shoe to shoe to shoe since they discontinued the Slingshot, trying to find one that would make me happy and just haven't found "The One." I really, really cannot stand a heavy or clunky/bulky shoe and so many trail shoes are that way. The Slingshot is so light and form-fitting, and so minimal, that it is exactly what I like. I can feel the ground beneath my feet, the little pebbles and subtle imperfections in the dirt that go unnoticed in traditional trail shoes. Anyway, I am going to use up these three pairs and then figure out what to do from there. I am seriously considering running permanently in Fivefingers KSO's or Sprints. But until these Slingshots are worn out, I am going to rock it out! I've lost about 7 pounds in the last couple of weeks so now I'm down to about 166! On the right path, I think. I'll post a little bit in the next couple of days about my Tabata's that I'm doing! They are freaking painful but MAN, do they get results! Peace!

3 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

Nice. Till the 3 pairs wear out then. I've been there, always sad when the last pair is done. Have you tried La Sportiva's Crosslites. That's their new minimalist trail shoe. Tried on a pair at Zombie Runner the other day, quite nice.

Mark C. Smith, "The Naked Runner" said...

Hey, Rick,
I actually do have a pair of Crosslite's but I felt like the lugs were too big. I'm picky, I know!! Maybe I should look at the Skylite. Who knows?

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Congrats Mark on the shoes score and welcome back to the luv of running :-)