Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2/18/2009 Getting packed


Alrighty then, I think I'm ready. My calf seems to be doing good. There's no pain or anything and the swelling is gone. Just in time too since I head out Friday morning to Lake Texoma for the Cross Timbers Trail Run. I've heard that the course is very Bandera-like which means tough and gritty! I'm up for it! I'm in the best shape I've been in since doing these ultras or at least I think I am! ha I feel good and that's what counts, right? I've been doing lots of strength training over the last couple of weeks to make up for no running since Rocky and it's amazing how much different you feel afterwards. The body makes changes so quickly! I hate doing it but it's what needs to be done. Anyway, I am planning for a little slower time for this race due to the terrain and the "iffy-ness" of my calf. I will be wearing Zensah sleeves just for support. Hopefully I won't look like a big ol' dork!
I, once again, plan on pitching the tent at the race start. It's so much cheaper than getting a hotel. They don't have showers there either which kind of sucks but c'est la vie. I'll just take plenty of wet wipes again. ha Ok, so I'll post a report when I get home. Wish me luck! Peace!

4 comments:

TonyP said...

Glad to hear the calf is doing better. Good luck !

Rick Gaston said...

Another camp and run. Have fun out there and yeah, keep an eye on the calf. Hope it stays happy.

Running and living said...

Good luck! Glad your calf is better! Ana-Maria

Thomas Bussiere said...

Congrats on Rocky finish. Sounds like you had a good day.