Wednesday, November 28, 2007

11/28/07


I went out for an easy 4 miler yesterday in a new area. Out at the Canyon Lakes area, here in Lubbock, there are a bunch of nice singletrack mountain bike trails. It was really a nice change of venue. Aubrey, my running buddy, and I took it pretty easy for the first time on the trails. We headed east on the trails and I think that, in hindsight, we should have gone west. The trails to the west are a little longer and more continuous which would have made for a little longer run. It's been nice getting back out into the running world the last week and a half. I was out for a about 6 weeks with my son and myself being sick. I've been pretty happy with how my body has responded to being back in the saddle after such a time off. I'm taking today off in order to let my body recover a little and then I will probably put in 5 or 6 miles tomorrow after I get up. I really need to be putting in the miles to get ready for Rocky in February.

No comments: