Tuesday, November 27, 2007

11/27/07



Well, since this is my first post on this site.........allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I am a runner. I got the nickname the The Naked Runner due to the fact that I have run a couple of nude races in Texas and loved it. The nickname is not very original, I know, however it was better than some of the other things people were saying. ha If you have never experienced the freedom of running au naturel, then you are missing out. It is very freeing. If I wouldn't get in trouble I would run that way all of the time. Oh, well. I prefer running without music or other distractions simply because I like to hear my footfalls and my breathing. I run for my health and for the "Zen" of it all. It keeps me sane. Some people would disagree with the "sane" part of it because most people can't believe that a human would want to run 26.2 miles or further when they have a perfectly good car. I talk about training for my first 50 miler coming up in February and they believe me to be perfectly "in-sane." This blog will be just a few of my rantings and ravings about the pastime that I love. I'll do my best to also give race reports and discuss mileage and other training issues. If you have any questions, just holler, and I'll see what kind of an answer I can give you. Take care and keep running.


No comments: