Saturday, June 14, 2008

6/14/2008





Man, I have been lazy about keeping up with the blog lately. I've been able to run for the last 3 days and felt great. I ran a couple of 4 milers on Thursday and Friday and then the kids and I got up and headed to Levelland this am for our run with the WTRC. There was a pretty good turnout so that made it more fun. The kids ran the 2 miler and both placed 3rd in their categories. Zach ran his in 18:08 and Kenzie ran it in 26:36. I think she walked too much. She hasn't really achieved the drive to win yet. ha I can't say much for that myself since I just like to run LONG not FAST. ha Anyway, I ran fairly well myself and placed 4th in my age group. I was able to keep my average pace around 8:38. The course, according to my Garmin, measured out at 6.03 miles instead of a full 10K. I think the race director was worried about it since some of the other runners with GPS devices had said the same thing. I told him not to worry about it, that it was a great way to get a PR! ha Oh, well. I am going to hit the road again tomorrow as well and put in another 6 or more miles. We shall see.

1 comment:

TonyP said...

Funny...you've been lazy with your blog and I've been lazy with reading and posting comments to all the blogs I read.