Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Change of Pace


Ok, some of you may have already read on my Facebook page what my next adventure is. While I was in the Thinker's pose trying to muddle my way through Jemez, I just got to thinking, ironically enough. My mind really hasn't been into racing this year, like, at all really. My performance has been what I consider to be abysmal and I don't like it. I needed something to excite me again, something different. So I decided to do something that I never thought that I would do. I'm gonna run fast. I've decided to try and qualify for Boston. Being 39, I will have to run a 3:15 marathon and for me that's WAY fast!! My best time in a marathon, thus far, is 4:09 with no speed training. So maybe with the right training I can succeed. I've set my sights on the Duke City Marathon in Albuquerque to be my qualifying race. It's flat and fast, so I may have a good chance of getting it done. I've got til October to get ready. I've even been talking to a running coach since I've no idea what to do for speed training. I hear people talk about doing 4x800's and crap like that and have NO clue what they are talking about. My running, up til now, has been putting on a pair of shorts and shoes and then putting one foot in front of the other til I get to the finish line. ha This should be interesting!!

5 comments:

Paul Mastin said...

I'm with you, Mark! I fell 15 min short of qualifying at White Rock last year. I signed up this morning for WR and declared my finish time: 3:20! I'm a little older than you so can run 5 min slower. Good luck! See you in Boston 2012.

chaco sandals said...

I love you blog,I have fun reading it and did not get bored. Nice one! :)

Alecia said...

Good luck qualifying! I'm 28. I looked at all the qualifying times and have decided that it will be at least 10 years until I can even attempt it! lol!

Australian Telecom said...

Having a stable broadband provider that will sustain your needs for browsing and researching is a great investment you need to make in the growing internet age.

can kelebek said...

in Gebze Kocaeli quality lift home from home Our ??company offers transportation services are on sale you take advantage of our discount days.
Gebze barış mahallesi evden eve nakliyat
Gebze eskihisar mahallesi evden eve nakliyat
Gebze istasyon mahallesi evden eve nakliyat
Gebze sultan orhan mahallesi evden eve nakliyat
Gebze mimar sinan mahallesi evden eve nakliyat
Gebze yavuz selim mahallesi evden eve nakliyat
Güzelyalı evden eve nakliyat
Gebze evden eve nakliye
Gebze evden eve nakliye
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Darıca evden eve nakliye
Darıca evden eve nakliyat
Darıca evden eve
Şok halı yikama
Esenyalı halı yikama
Güzelyalı yalı halı yikama
thank you very much for