Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ummmmm, The Grasslands, yeah, ok

Like the title suggests...................ummmmmm, yeah, what can ya say? I got to the race start with my windshield wipers on high, it was starting to sleet, there were wind gusts up to 30mph, and it was 30 degrees not substracting the wind chill. I didn't get out of the car! The people that actually ran this race are simply the bravest souls I know. I do NOT like cold weather!! I put the Xterra in reverse and pulled outta there.
There's a half marathon about 50 miles from Lubbock in the town of Lamesa and I'm gonna run that this Saturday. I'm on the lookout for something fun in April so we'll see what I can cook up.
Also, a major congrats is in order for Dave Elliott and Sonia Burdett for running the Bataan Memorial Death March last Sunday, both with 44 pound packs on their backs! Hoorah! Way to go, you two!

No comments: