Saturday, May 17, 2008

5/17/2008

I DNF'D!!!!!!!!! My first one ever. Huge hit to the pride!! This course was BRUTAL!! When I finally made it to the top of Caballo it was 2 hr and 30 min........for 12 miles! The whole damn course was mountain climbing. There was absolutely no way that I could have trained for that living in Lubbock, Tx. So what else happened, you say? Well, let me tell you. Going up Caballo there was quite a bit of snow, therefore, going DOWN Caballo there was ALSO a lot of snow. Anyway, I planted my left foot as I was running downhill and my foot kept going. So I ended up in the full splits and really toasted my left knee. There was nothing I could do! I kept trying to run and that knee just wouldn't let me. Anyway, I kept plodding along until I made it to the Pipeline aid station and my drop bag and told them I was done. There was no way that I could have made the cut off at the ski lodge with the way I was gimping. I can also say that even if my knee hadn't been hurting me I may have DNF'd. I really mean it when I say it was a sick and brutal course. It should be called the Jemez Mountain Trail "Walk" or "Hike." I'm still here in Los Alamos on Shanna's computer so I will write more once I get home and can get some decent thoughts together. Ciao for now!

No comments: